This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast moving and growing business, with the potential to quickly take on responsibility and grow within the organisation. The role will involve working in the Finance team, including closely with the Finance Director, with full training and career development provided for an enthusiastic individual looking to develop their career and complete their professional exams.
- Location: North East
- Salary: £18,000 - £21,000
Main duties and responsibilities will include:
- Monthly management accounts preparation – balance sheet management, fixed assets register maintenance & reconciliation, depreciation, prepayments, accruals and any other nominal procedures.
- Monthly bank reconciliations, VAT Returns, Governmental submissions and other accounting duties such as purchase invoices, purchase payments, payroll processing.
- Other activities within the Finance team – you will have the opportunity to work within a dynamic and experienced team and role flexibility will be essential.
- High levels of enthusiasm
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills – good team player
- Strong IT / Microsoft Office (especially Excel) skills
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills, with the ability to challenge
- Ability to plan and manage changing priorities
- Able to work to deadlines – both internally and externally
Desirable (but not Essential):
- Accounting, Business, Mathematics degree qualified
- SAGE experience
- Fully funded financial & study time support for professional training towards becoming a qualified CIMA / ACCA accountant
- Private medical scheme.
- Defined contribution pension scheme
- 33 days holiday (inclusive of 8 statutory days)
- Bonus scheme