Our client is looking for a Lead Instructor in the North East to join the team.
- Location: North East
- Salary: £30,000 - £40,000
To lead on the development and delivery of the current plant and H&S training courses, as well as lead on the development, introduction of new products to the portfolio to cover all target markets (Ports, Logistics, Warehousing and Offshore Renewables and Subsea).
- Assist the Manager with the instructor pool for Plant and H&S courses (internals (POB, PTS) and externals (contractors))
- Actively deliver training courses onsite and offsite
- Ensure the correct equipment, personnel and facilities are available for each course, and are maintained to the highest standard at all times
- Assist in managing relationships with external accrediting bodies
- Ensure H&S is maintained to the highest level at all times
- Work to continuously improve the services of PTS
- Work closely with the business development team to develop and introduce new products
- Assist in maintaining and achieving industry accreditations
- Provide a high-quality service to all customers
- Able to manage and maintain relationships with external/internal customers and suppliers
- Work effectively with the PTS administration team to ensure all training administration is managed effectively and efficiently.
- Work effectively with the POB operations team for plant and training area access.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Good time management skills
- Excellent computer skills including working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to changing work situations.
- Ability to manage and take responsibility for own workload.
- Ability to multi-task and priorities workload
- Ability to effectively manage a team.
- Ability to pay attention to detail and be accurate.
- Ability to work to deadlines.
- Friendly and welcoming to all customers and staff.
- Excellent team player
- Dedicated and enthusiastic
- Be able to adapt a flexible attitude to work.
- To be pro-active in seeking methods to improve working processes.
Essential to the role
- NPORS – Instructor or equivalent
- Lifting and Crane operation experience
- Proven track record of designing and deliver of relevant training courses.
- Relevant Instructor Qualifications (e.g., D32, D33, A1, TAQA, Level 3, 4, or 5 in Education & Training)
- Full Driving License
Desirable to the role
- IOSH Managing Safely
- Experience of developing and delivering OPITO and GWO training courses.