Our client currently requires an experienced IT Support Engineer to join their growing company. This is an integral role within the IT team and will involve a range of responsibilities, aiding with the provision of IT infrastructure services including desktop, network, security and telecommunications.
- Location: Durham
- Salary: £25,000p/a
- Reporting to the Infrastructure Analyst, this role requires an individual with a positive attitude and a drive to aid with the continual improvement of IT to support the business ongoing company development.
- Ensuring that the IT systems are secure and robust at all times, providing departmental performance reports, managing and tracking service desk requests, budget tracking and reporting, development of IT documentation, policies and procedures.
- Parrticipating and contributing to continuous improvement activities throughout the company, liaising with other departments to develop and enhance the current IT systems, management of third-party suppliers, as well as providing strategic input into the future direction of IT within the company.
- Additional duties may be required, appropriate to the nature and level of the job role.
- Microsoft desktop support, Microsoft server support (2008 +, Exchange, Active Directory), VMWare administration, VEEAM backup, SAN Administration (Nimble preferred), bg Network (TCP/IP, administration of network switches, firewall administration – Cisco Meraki preferred).
- Third-party relationship management, business continuity, disaster recovery planning, budget management and control.
- Excellent communication, organisational and customer service skills are required as well as experience of working in a customer service environment. Experience of working in a manufacturing environment would be advantage.