Our Client is a well-established firm looking to recruit an Estimator to join their Roofing Services Division. The individual will require creativity to assess the quotation specification and formulate the most cost-effective solution. The ideal candidate will take great pride in their work, possess a strong commercial focus and be a team player.
- Location: Durham
- Salary: Negotiable
- Establish and develop close working relationships with clients, architects, contractors.
- Prepare detailed estimates by gathering all data required to formulate budget costings.
- The review and preparation of tender documents.
- Present prepared estimates by assembling and displaying numerical and descriptive information.
- Maintain technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing technical publications. Responsibility for estimating the total project cost, including design, procurement, manufacture and delivery.
- Liaise with the external sales team to ensure leads and enquiries are managed in an efficient and professional manner.
- Strive to retain existing clients and ensure the maximum longevity of your relationship with the Company through proactive contact and appropriate relationship development
- A minimum of three years’ experience within a similar role
- Experience liaising with architects and main contractors
- Excellent commercial awareness. Excellent analytical skills.
- Good communication, influencing and negotiation skills.
- Experience within the Roofing and Cladding industry would be beneficial although not essential.