Are you a Careers Administrator looking for a new job in Sunderland? if yes this role could be for you.
- Location: Sunderland
- Salary: £20,000 - £25,000
- Advisors will be providing our learners with in-depth information, advice and guidance across our apprenticeship and employability provision. They will be giving full careers advice to all learners and promoting progression opportunities.
- Proactively manage a caseload of learners
- Support and move learners towards education, training and employment following completion of a course.
- Conduct a diagnostics assessment with all referred learners to assess the appropriate level of support required for their journey towards education, training and/or employment.
- Prepare and agree individual action plans.
- Provide intensive support to all learners on a one-to-one basis and in group settings dependent on the needs identified by the diagnostic assessment.
- Motivate and engage learners to maximise take-up of education, training and skills opportunities and to find and sustain suitable employment
- Support CV writing, cover letters and job applications to a high-quality standard
- Conduct local job searches via newspapers, internet, contacting employers and cold calling
- Coach and prepare learners for job interviews and assessments
- Provide in work support to apprentices where required
- Make appropriate referrals to Functional skills provision
- Provide full information, advice and guidance to all learners
- Provide careers advice to apprentices whilst on programme and upon completion
- Experience in delivering IAG to a multitude of learners.
- Understanding employer engagement practices and knowledge of the local labour market.
- Knowledge of national and local initiatives in relation to learning skills and employment.
- Experience of working in a multi-agency environment and developing partnerships
IAG qualification or the willingness to study towards